It was 20th August in the year 2003 .. PARAG KUMAR DAS DOCUMENTATION & RESEARCH CENTRE was formed in a meeting of some of the fan of Martyr Parag Kr.Das held at MASS office to keep alive the memory of their favouritev(Beloved) Patriotic Journalist and brave Human Rights activist Late Parag Kr.Das. Late Nibaran Bora ,noted thinker of Assam and Lachit Bordoloi was nominated repectivly as founder chairman and founder member Secretary of the centre
PARAG KUMAR DAS DOCUMENTATION & RESEARCH CENTRE is a purely non political socio-academic organigation
The main objective of the Parag Kr.Das Documentation and Research Centre is -
- To establish a multipurpose Jatiya Documentation & Research Centre on thought and actions of Late Parag Kumar Das,national martyr so as to preserve the memory of the late Journalist and noted Human Rights activist.
- To establish a library consisting of Book,Booklets,Research paper concerned with culture,History,evolution as well as struggle of different ethnic groups of the state in the Parag Kr.Das Documentation & Research Centre.
- To take up measures for collection ,documentation and publishing of records of Human Rights Violation of the state
- To create awareness about Human Rights among the people and to hold Seminars,Workshop and to publish the national and international charters,treaties etc. as book in Assamese
- To open a website to apprse the works thoughts and ideas of late Parag Kumar Das as well as violation of Human Rights etc. of Assam and North-east before international communities.
- To contribute possitivly in Human Rights struggle of the world,creation of closer tie with other Human Rights organisation of India and aboard.(F) To fulfil the above objectives,if need be,another timeworthy step would be taken.